Betting Trends Forum 2016
March 17, 2016 Moscow held Betting Trends Forum 2016. It was attended by Russian and foreign betting representatives.
Participants discussed the latest legislative initiatives, which regulate betting market, new Internet business areas and shared their experience in attracting new players.
Presentations were made by the following participants: layers, owners and managers of betting shops and betting software developing companies, specialized portal editors, fantasy and eSport experts.
04.03.2016P.S. Georgia Gaming Congress 2016 Results
Find out the latest news first
Betting on eSports: students' entertainment or new industry?
Online betting VS interactive betting. The desired future and the legislative present situations
Launch of the center of interactive bets transactions tracking and its legal regulation
Changes to law on advertising as a driver for betting market progress
State and future prospects of the sports betting market
Latest betting development trends
Fantasy sports: global cases and possible development in Russia
Global experience: marketing tools and strategies for attracting new players
Lawyer LLC PL
General legal work experience is 15 years, work experience in legal support of gambling, lottery business is more than 10 years (slot machine halls, lottery clubs, betting shops, entertainment clubs, Forex, etc.)
Legal support of all existing types of activity in this segment.
Successful support in arbitration and general jurisdiction courts of all levels (including Supreme Court).
Permanent experience of legal services provided to different market players (government audits, courts, contract work)
Lawyer Baker & McKenzie
Baker & McKenzie was the first international law firm to open an office in Moscow in 1989. Since then we have built a reputation as an experienced and reliable legal adviser, combining deep knowledge of local law with seamless execution across borders and practices. Baker & McKenzie is one of the largest international law firms on the Russian market, with over 150 lawyers in Moscow and St. Petersburg serving an impressive roster of large domestic and multinational clients. We are recognized as a provider of premium services, especially in the areas of banking and finance, capital markets, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, and tax. (www.bakermckenzie.com)
Managing partner AdConsul
Highly-qualified lawyer with long track record in the sphere of expert international consulting on Russian advertising and media law, practical application of advertising legislation in compliance with existing occupational standards.
Member of Advisory Board of the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation on application of advertising legislation.
Member of the board of Advertising Federation of Regions.
editor in chief BookmakersRating.ru
editor in chief Bookmaker-ratings.com
CEO of Juma Group
Thanos Marinos is the CEO of Juma Group in Isle of Man, a group at the forefront of innovation in
casino games and platform provider for the Betting and Gaming industry.
Thanos is a veteran in the Betting and Gaming industry with more than a decade in executive positions in companies globally and an extensive knowledge on marketing , risk management , operations and management.
Thanos has been involved in a number of M&A in the Betting industry and consulted a number of high profile clients from the financial sector and government organizations.
Thanos has also taken part in Regulation and Licensing committees in a number of jurisdictions and he has dedicated time and resources on promoting Responsible Gaming .
Head of Gambling at CityAds Media
Dennis Konotop is an experienced specialist with more than five years of experience in the field of digital marketing. He is an author of several articles about how to earn online, anti - fraud actions, as well as new tools on the affiliate systems market.
Head of Fantasy at OddsModel
Over 10 years of experience in fantasy business.
He was born in Norway and was a football trader and a professional player. Due to this fact, he easily switched to the bets on fantasy sports and daily fantasy sports.
Currently he holds a position of the fantasy direction head at OddsModel, which uses proprietary technology platforms and statistical models to calculate probabilities of sporting outcomes.
Since the beginning of 2015, it has been specializing in daily fantasy sports and offering a full range of services in this area. In particular, we have our own fantasy football channel that highlights up to 15 000 events weekly.
Leader of Cyber.Sports.ru
10 years of experience in Internet companies.
An active gamer and a football fan.
Link between the hardcore audience and mass audience.
Co-owner and Managing Director of CyberBetGaming, SRL
Co-owner and Managing Director of CyberBetGaming, SRL
Cyber sport betting shops: CybBet.com and GosuBets.com
More than 2 years of experience in eSports betting.
Author of the book "Practice of Modern Business Creation" (Rostov-on-Don, 2014, Phoenix Publishing House)
March 17, 2016
Section 1: Legislative regulation of betting market: dangers and possibilities
Legislative framework of online betting in Russia. Ways of operation under conditions of restriction and legal risks. Law making trends
- Russian legislation allows for possibility of accepting online bets only by Russian license holders;
- Laws on interactive bets don’t work in practice yet;
- Strictness of Russian laws is compensated by their relaxed implementation;
- In case new bills are passed, they can broaden the possibilities for accepting online bets and advertising;
- Frequent and multidirectional changes in betting legislation of Russian Federation hinder the long-term planning in betting business.
Online betting: what requirements of the law should be remembered when launching an Internet site on acceptance of bets
Aleksander Tarasenko Presentation
- What legal requirements it is necessary to remember when launching a bet acceptance website
- Process of bet acceptance through online bet transfer accounting centres: is it the legalization of online betting or tightening of requirements for operators?
- Identification of a player under the "anti-laundering" law and the law on gambling
- Personal data collection: how not to break the law
Round table discussion: Recent Legislative Initiatives Relating to Betting Business in the Russian Federation. Prospects for Adoption and Implementation
Section 2: Attracting new players: global experience and Russian possibilities
Gambling advertising. Peculiarities of television ad placement and sponsorship
Yuliya Nemtseva Presentation
- Practical aspects of application of gambling advertising rules and regulations (games based on chance and risk).
- Advantages of placing television advertising campaigns.
- Specificity of placing information about games of chance on the Internet.
- Problems connected with company’s participation in sponsor projects.
How to attract players with the content. Experience and features of access to the foreign market
Alexey Tkachuk Presentation
- Building and maintaining reputation, its influence on conversion.
- Basic terms in affiliate programs of betting houses. Player’s and betting operator’s point of view.
- How to get a feedback from players.
- How to retain players.
Global experience: marketing tools and strategies for attracting new players.
Thanos Marinos Presentation
- Betting and Gaming industry is a marketing driven market where success will be determined from many parameters : Some of them the operators are able to influence and if implemented correctly they can be a Game Changer.
- Utilize the technology in the way the operators are interacting with the customer and increase the satisfaction of the user experience.
- Have a platform/product that they can alternate according to the market and end users are targeting
- Use the adequate marketing channels in order to communicate with clients of different segments.
Mobile application as a tool of players attraction. Comparison, analysis and methods of getting traffic
Dennis Konotop Presentation
- Mobile traffic in betting. Volumes, features and forecasts.
- Detailed overview of mobile applications of domestic and foreign bookmakers. Errors and life hacking.
- Methods of application promotion. Trackers, traffic types, quality control.
Section 3: Industry trends: betting on fantasy sports and eSports
Fantasy sport as a business. Pluses, minuses and difficulties
Victor Mangazeev Presentation
Fantasy sports betting, the next big thing? What will the future bring? Advantages and disadvantages of different platforms
Endre Nesset Presentation
- Daily fantasy sports, the booming of the business and the road ahead
- Daily fantasy sports in the European market; advantages and disadvantages
- A separate project or a betting website section
- The arrival of the big DFS companies in the European / Asian market
E-sports: when and why it will beat football and hockey?
Jaroslav Komkov Presentation
- E-sports and sport: find 10 differences
- Players and viewer. Who are they?
- Why and how do people watch e-sports?
- How to attract the audience to e-sports?
E-sports as betting industry. Guide for action
Dias Ismailov Presentation
- How much money can be earned in e-sports?
- Main principles of e-sports
- Fixed matches in e-sports
- How to connect yourself? Platform options.
Participants and guests
We will provide information regarding representatives of which companies will be present at event as speakers, guests, partners, listeners.
Where to stay
KORSTON CLUB HOTEL
Russia, Moscow, st. Kosygin, 15
Located within a stone's throw of Sparrow Hills in the beautiful area in close vicinity to the center of Moscow, Korston Club Hotel creates a new definition to first class service with a certain note of elegance and comfort.
Unique Club Floors offer a possibility to immerse into the atmosphere of a delicate comfort, luxury and everlasting feast. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere in a stylish and fashionable hotel interior, find a great variety of noble Private bar drinks, try the exclusive cuisine together with Happy Hour and addto your experience with a marvelous panoramic view of the evening Moscow in the Extra Lounge restaurant.
Hotel is situated to the southeast of the capital’s center, 5 km from Kremlin. The Gorki Park, Russian Academy of Sciences, Sparrow Hills, circus, children’s musical theater, Lomonosov Moscow State University, and the Luzhniki Stadium are all located within walking distance.
For room booking call +7 (495) 939 8000 or contact email@example.com
KORSTON CLUB HOTEL
st. Kosygin, 15
Sponsors and Partners
Betting Trends Forum is a unique possibility to: present your product to the market and find the investor; establish business contacts; become a point of interest for industrial media; make a name as an industry leader.